Iron Man aka Tony Stark is the most recognizable character in Marvel universe. Played by the charming Robert Downey Jr. in Marvel Cinematic Universe, he has made Iron Man a familiar name to even non comic book readers. Tony Stark is a genius, billionaire, playboy and a philanthropist, who protects earth from inter-galactic as well as human threats. In comics as well as movies, he has done some pretty outrageous and mind-boggling stuffs. So, we bring you 10 crazy Iron Man Facts we bet you don’t know.
More From Us: 10 Amazing Batman Facts Even Hardcore Fans Don’t Know
1. In Avengers #19, Iron Man bought Area 51 from the military.
2. Tony Stark was once appointed Secretary of Defense by the President of The United States.
3. Tony’s girlfriend Pepper Potts has her own suit called Mark 1616.
4. Wolverine once stole Tony’s Mark 35 underwater suit to talk to Namor.
5. Model 53 suit can be transformed into a flying car.
6. In DC/Marvel crossover, Iron Man and Green Lantern merged to form Iron Lantern worn by Hal Stark!
7. There is a suit named Black Stealth which is specially designed for stealth missions.
8. Real-life billionaire, playboy Howard Hughes inspired Stan Lee to come up with Tony Stark.
9. J.A.R.V.I.S is the acronym for “Just a Rather Very Intelligent System”.
10. Stark’s Uru armor is made of Asgardian magic and can stop Thor’s Mjolnir.
More From Us: 10 Weird Superman Facts Even Hardcore Fans Don’t Know