Holy Shizzzz! Disney concluded its live-action films panel today with an epic first trailer of Avengers: Infinity War. Avengers: Infinity War is the culmination of ten year worth of film making for Marvel Studios, and they have an impossible task of weaving together plots from many films. If it was any other studios, chances of misstep would be too high. But its Marvel Studios people! When have they ever disappointed us! And if the trailer of Avengers: Infinity War is to go by, the Russo Bros. are continuing their good work that started in Captain America: Winter Soldier.
Since the studio will not be releasing the trailer anytime soon, we bring you its detailed description.
- The trailer begins with a passed out and wounded Thor floating in space. He has short hairs and is wearing the armor from Thor: Ragnarok. So, smart money is on Thor: Ragnarok directly leading into the Avengers: Infinity War.
- Guardians of the Galaxy are flying through the space somewhere. Mantis says, “We are arriving,” and Star-Lord responds that they need to “put on our mean faces.”
- Thor crashes into the windshield of the Guardians of the Galaxy’s Milano ship, with Rocket reacting to him like he’s a bug on a windshield. They bring Thor into the ship, Mantis wakes him up. Thor wakes up and is surprised. He asks “Who the hell are you guys?”
- Cut to Earth. Scarlet Witch is moving around some cars or something and a female voiceover says “Death follows him like a shadow.” Loki emerges and presents the Tesseract to someone who is taller than him.
- In the Queens, Peter Parker is in school bus when hairs on his arms rises. Spidey Sense probably? He turns around in fear.
- We then see a ship flying toward a planet we assume is Earth.
- Then there are a couple of dialogues – “We have one advantage. He is coming to us.” says Tony.
- As the ship crashes, we see Mantis, Iron Man, Star-Lord, Doctor Strange, and a few others characters in shock.
- “Fun really isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe,” a voice says. Gamora turns around in total horror. “But this puts a smile on my face.” Hey! Is that nod to The Dark Knight’s Joker? Star-Lord: “Oh no.” And out of a black hole emerges the purple madman, Thanos.
- Then there are a couple of fight scenes – Doctor Strange putting down blocks and Star-Lord jumping on it firing guns, Spider-Man in his new Iron Spider suit teased at the end of Spiderman: Homecoming, Vision is behind bars, Wakandan army led by Bucky ready to fight someone or something.
- We also see Steve in beards coming out of shadows.
- Peter Parker is hurt and on ground with Tony holding his head. He says, “I’m sorry Tony.”
- Thanos grabs Thor’s head and squeezes. Is he dead? Please no.
- Then Thanos, in the heat of battle with the Infinity Gauntlet on his hand, uses the power of the two stones to grab a moon and throw it towards the planet everyone is standing on.
The expansive confirmed cast includes Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Holland, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bethany, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Benedict Wong, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Pom Klementieff, and Josh Brolin as the villain Thanos.