At about 10:30 PM on Sunday, some fidayeen terrorists launched an attack on 46 Rashtriya Rifles army camp in Baramulla district of north Kashmir. BSF personnel jointly stay in the camp with the soldiers. The army camp is approximately 54 kms from Srinagar and is located at outskirts of Baramulla. The grenades were followed by open fire from both sides. According to Jammu & Kashmir police force, the terrorists were immediately engaged by security forces. In the course, two army personnel have been injured and one BSF jawan is reported to be killed.
Former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted: “Colleagues in Baramulla town are phoning with reports of massive gunfire in their vicinity. Prayers for all in the area.”
Colleagues in Baramulla town are phoning with reports of massive gunfire in their vicinity. Prayers for all in the area.
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) October 2, 2016
The attack comes even after the forces were on high alert following a retaliatory surgical strike conducted on 29-September-2016. You can read about the surgical strike here.
Bookmark this page to get latest update on the attack!
- 2 terrorists have been killed by army officials.
- IG Javeed Mujtaba Gilani says firing has stopped. Combing and search operations are on.
- Terrorists have not breached 46RR camp, tried to enter through a public park near camp. Heavy exchange of fire on.
- The situation is contained and under control.
- A video is on round on twitter that claims to be the video of Baramulla